Cool wall art from MetsäFestival / ForestFestival!
Stunning Images Show Life: Magnified exhibition by as Much as 50,000 Times
If you find yourself in Virginia’s Dulles International Airport through November of this year, you might see the exhibition Life: Magnified on the walls. It features scientific images showing cells and other scenes of life magnified by as much as 50,000 times.
- Zebrafish embryo
- Mouth Parts of a Lone Star Tick
- Relapsing Fever Bacterium (Gray) on Red Blood Cells
- Anglerfish Ovary Cross-Section
- Gecko lizard toe hairs inspired the design of medical adhesives
- An insect tracheal cell (green) delivers air to muscles (red)
- A Mammalian Eye Has Approximately 70 Different Cell Types
- Human Liver Cell (Hepatocyte)
- Developing Zebrafish Fin
- Human blood with red blood cells, T cells (orange) and platelets (green)